Amateur Wine Making Competition
1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Ribbons will be awarded in each class. A Best of Show Rosette and a $20.00 premium will be awarded to the highest-scored wine. $10.00 - 1st place in each class; $5.00 – 2nd place; $3.00 – 3rd place. Wines made by the entrant will be accepted in the following classes:
1. Wild Fruit Wine
11. Berry Wine, Dry
1. Wine shall be in standard wine bottles, 23 to 30 ounces, with all labels removed and fair tag attached. Bottles shall contain at least 20 ounces of wine.
2. When making entries, the exhibitor must give a description of each wine by the main ingredient (i.e. cherry, rhubarb, carrot, grape, etc.)
3. Exhibitors must enter their entries on Monday, July 19 from 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
4. Exhibitors must pick up entries on Sunday, July 24 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. if not taken before.
5. Exhibits entered in the wrong class in the opinion of the judge will be reclassified or disqualified at the discretion of the Superintendent.
NOTE:The wine judges will announce the winners and answer questions on wine-making at 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 19 in the Taste of Tuscany/Craft Beer Tent. All persons interested in wine-making or wines are most welcome to attend the 4:00 p.m. session. Exhibitors may take entries after this session if desired. (Judging Tuesday afternoon, July 19 at 1:00 p.m. – NOT OPEN FOR THE PUBLIC)
Contests & Open Shows
Fair Queen Contest
Cowgirl Queen Contest
Prime Steer Show
Kiddie Beef Show
Kiddie Goat Show
Kiddie Dairy Show
Nemmers Best Photo Contest
Subway Cookie Contest
Wine Making Contest
Daily Gate Admission
• $5 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8AM to 1PM (purchased at the gate)
• $12 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after 1PM and all day Saturday and Sunday (if purchased online)
• $15 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after 1PM and all day Saturday and Sunday (if purchased at the gate)
• $38 Admission Package (5 daily admission tickets) must be purchased prior to July 1 and purchased as the Admission Package. ** Must be purchased as the package for discount **
• Children 10 and under: Always free
Contact Us:Fair Week Office Hours: