Amateur Wine Making Competition
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Ribbons will be awarded in each class. A Best of Show Rosette and a $20.00 premium will be awarded to the highest-scored wine. $10.00 - 1st place in each class; $5.00 - 2nd place; $3.00 - 3rd place. Wines made by the entrant will be accepted in the following classes:
1. Wild Fruit Wine
11. Berry Wine, Dry
1. Wine shall be in standard wine bottles, 23 to 30 ounces, with all labels removed and fair tag attached. Bottles shall contain at least 20 ounces of wine.
2. When making entries, the exhibitor must give a description of each wine by the main ingredient (i.e. cherry, rhubarb, carrot, grape, etc.)
3. Exhibitors must enter their entries on Monday, July 19 from 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
4. Exhibitors must pick up entries on Sunday, July 25 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. if not taken before.
5. Exhibits entered in the wrong class in the opinion of the judge will be reclassified or disqualified at the discretion of the Superintendent.
NOTE: The wine judge will announce the winners and answer questions on wine-making at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 20 in the Golf Club. All persons interested in wine-making or wines are most welcome to attend the 5:30 p.m. session. Exhibitors may take entries after this session if desired. (Judging Tuesday afternoon, July 20, at 1:00 p.m. – NOT OPEN FOR THE PUBLIC)
Contests & Open Shows
Open Horse Show
Cowgirl Queen Contest
Prime Steer Show
Kiddie Beef Show
Kiddie Goat Show
Kiddie Dairy Show
Nemmers Best Photo Contest
Subway Cookie Contest
Wine Making Contest
Contact Us:Fair Week Office Hours: