2022 Jones County Farm Bureau Cookout Contest
The Farm Bureau Cookout Contest is designed to promote quality Iowa meat. You do not have to be an expert griller to compete - just enjoy cooking outdoors!
Sunday July 24West of Berndes Center (Location same as 2019)
Any Iowa resident 13 years or older is eligible to participate in the BBQ Contest. It is not necessary to be a resident of Jones County or member of Farm Bureau.
Entry Categories ($10 entry fee per category)
Poultry (No Eggs)
Youth (13-18 years old as of 08.17.21)
* Combo/Specialty - a recipe combining two or more meats from the eligible meat categories.
If an individual or team is selected as the Jones County Ultimate BBQ Master, they have the opportunity to compete at the Farm Bureau Annual Cookout Contest on the Grand Concourse of the Iowa State Fair.
Interested grillers should contact Kellie Lasack, 563-495-4772 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Please click the link for rules and extra details:
Contests & Open Shows
Fair Queen Contest
Cowgirl Queen Contest
Prime Steer Show
Kiddie Beef Show
Kiddie Goat Show
Kiddie Dairy Show
Nemmers Best Photo Contest
Subway Cookie Contest
Wine Making Contest
Daily Gate Admission
• $5 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8AM to 1PM (purchased at the gate)
• $12 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after 1PM and all day Saturday and Sunday (if purchased online)
• $15 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday after 1PM and all day Saturday and Sunday (if purchased at the gate)
• $38 Admission Package (5 daily admission tickets) must be purchased prior to July 1 and purchased as the Admission Package. ** Must be purchased as the package for discount **
• Children 10 and under: Always free
Contact Us:Fair Week Office Hours: