4-H and FFA Members will be partnered with a person with an intellectual and/or developmental disability to teach them about exhibiting a pig.
Bacon Buddies® participants will have the opportunity to experience showing a pig. The judge will assess how the mentors, participant, and pig work together as a cohesive unit. All youth mentors will receive a T-shirt and complimentary meal.
|WHEN:||Wednesday July 19,2023
The Great Jones County Fair
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 5,2023
• 4-H/FFA youth mentor must be age 12 or older.
• Actively Enrolled in 4-H or FFA.
• Arrive on time and dressed in appropriate show attire, including Bacon Buddies® T-shirt.
• Exhibitor will exhibit pig during the event and youth mentor will help assist and help when necessary.
• Bacon Exhibitor and Mentor pairings will be assigned by Bacon Buddies® committee.
• Stay for the entire Bacon Buddies® event and show.
QUESTIONS: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bacon Buddies Participant Application & Waiver (PDF) * Due by July 5
Bacon Buddies Youth Mentor Application & Waiver (PDF) * Due by July 5
Find out when great things are happening at Joco